I am a textile artist that loves colour and spending time working with beautiful fabrics. My style has evolved from a traditional style to a modern minimalist aesthetic. My creative journey veered a few years ago, when a friend asked me to take an indigo dyeing workshop. This experience changed how I approach my art. I fell in love with the process of Shibori dyeing. There is something magical about unfolding each piece of hand dyed cloth to reveal the amazing colours and patterns that are created. I am completely hooked!
Some things you might not know about me:
- passionate about dyeing fabrics to create colourful textiles
- chocolate is my favourite food group
- go to the public library at least once a week
- always have multiple textile projects on the go
- own seven sewing machines
- my motto: “It’s all about the food”
- love to watch classic Hollywood musicals
- love hot weather vacations
- belong to both a traditional and modern quilt guild
- will shop online but prefer to
fondleshop in person
- CAQ – Canadian Quilters’ Association
- ICAP – International Association of Creative Arts Professionals
- MQG – Modern Quilt Guild
- TMQG – Toronto Modern Quilt Guild
- YRQGofT – Yorkshire Rose Quilters’ Guild of Toronto
Quilts and Health
Quilter’s Connection Magazine (Summer 2012)
Follow me on instagram: @lovadina.lee where I post photos of the newest hand dyed scarves, textile paintings and mixed media cards I am working on.
More in depth posts about my work and inspiration on my blog: www.blog.dorislovadinalee.com.
To purchase original hand dyed scarves and textile paintings visit my shop: www.blog.dorislovadinalee.com/shop.