I am creating the 6 inch squares that will be placed in each corner of the sashing and border of the quilt. This means that I am almost, almost ready to start making a sandwich of each quadrant in preparation of machine quilting.
- Cutting sashing and border fabric
- Stitching the cornerstones or bosses
- Stitching the border to quadrants
- Stitching part of the sashing to each quadrant
- Pressing the backing and top
- Making a sandwich
- Machine quilting each quadrant
- Joining each quadrant to make the finished top
- More quilting in border and sashing
In the photo below I am still working on the triangle shapes and trying to decide if they need a border. Of course they did! There was more work and stitching ahead!
The photo shows the drafting process to make six inch square mosaic tiles that will be placed at the intersection of border and sashing.
I wasn’t planning on such a large quilt. I guess this is what happens when you design as you go! It has evolved to be what it needs to be.