I am a textile artist that loves colour and spending time working with beautiful fabrics. My style has evolved from a traditional style to a modern minimalist aesthetic.
A few years ago my creative journey veered when a friend asked me to take an indigo dyeing workshop. This experience changed how I approach my art. I fell in love with the process of Shibori dyeing. There is something magical about unfolding each piece of hand-dyed cloth to reveal the amazing colours and patterns that are created.
I am completely hooked!
Some things you might not know about me:
- passionate about dyeing fabrics to create colourful textiles
- chocolate is my favourite food group
- go to the public library at least once a week
- always have multiple textile projects on the go
- own seven sewing machines
- my motto: “It’s all about the food”
- love to watch classic Hollywood musicals
- love hot weather vacations
- belong to both a traditional and modern quilt guild
- will shop online but prefer to
fondleshop in person
- CAQ – Canadian Quilters’ Association
- MQG – Modern Quilt Guild
- SAQA – Studio Art Quilt Associates
- TMQG – Toronto Modern Quilt Guild
- YRQGofT – Yorkshire Rose Quilters’ Guild of Toronto
Quilts and Health
Quilter’s Connection Magazine (Summer 2012)
Follow me on instagram: @lovadina.lee where I post photos of the newest hand-dyed scarves, textile paintings and mixed media cards I am working on.
More in-depth posts about my work and inspiration on my blog: www.blog.dorislovadinalee.com.
To purchase original hand dyed scarves and textile paintings visit my shop: www.blog.dorislovadinalee.com/shop.